Tuesday, October 12, 2010

High Boots

I bought my first pair of high boots the other day. Shocking I know! It took me 24 years to buy the staple ‘fuck-me’ boots. The thing is, I’m really tall and have been avoiding heels most of my life (being a terribly skinny and awkwardly tall teenager makes you in love with sneakers!). I’ve gotten over my teenage issues a couple of years back and have started slowly reintegrating heels in my shoe collection. But since I’m not use to walking around with my feet in a weird position, I usually end up uncomfortable and don’t wear them much unless it’s a night out and I want to look hot. So all that to say I’ve never bought boots as they are usually in heels. The other reason I don’t buy boots is because my calves are small and I hate slouchy leather boots. I like the really straight pretty ones, like they show them on the presentation shelves. So I took a trip to Naturalizer to try and find comfortable, stylish and tight on the calf boots. Not an easy task. But I found them! They aren’t as tight on the calves as they could be, they do slouch a lot in the lower calf/almost ankle area, but they’ll do. So I can now enjoy the simplicity of skinny jeans in high boots. Yes, i've come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment