Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanksgiving and Celebrations

I've been pretty busy lately! I've fostered a dog from the SPCA who had kennel cough (dog flu) and that took a lot of my time. She was really worth it though as she was the cutest thing ever. She got adopted by good friends and will therefore keep being a part of my life, which I'm grateful for.

Here's her cutsy face:
Really the nicest, funniest and cuddliest dog I've known. She loves to sleep all night in your bed and cuddle on your legs while you watch TV. She's really like a cat/dog, some kind of weird inter-species personality! ;) She and Charlotte got along fine which means that I can volunteer myself to babysit her when her owners are away on vacation! :)

I've also been busy planning my mother's 50th birthday. It includes a dinner and a week-end getaway at a cottage with her friends. It's quite a lot of planning! From getting confirmation from people, to reserving at the restaurant, to grocery shopping for the chalet and also collecting money for a collective gift! Pfiou! Sometimes I wish I had brothers and sisters to help me pick up the slack. But oh well, I really can't complain at this point! ;)

It's thanksgiving soon and I'm planning on baking Martha Stewart pumpkin cupcakes recipe for Sunday night dinner in my boyfriend's family. i'm debating right now whether or not to make homemade marzipan to shape little pumpkins to decorate on top. But considering I'm trying a new recipe and I'm already a beginner baker, this might be over doing it a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment