Monday, March 29, 2010

The Title

Ok. So you might wonder (or not!) what the title of my blog mean. Well aside being an awesome song, it's always a reality for me. I love California and i dream of living there. Now this dream started when i was really young, naive and disillusioned that i would move to LA and become an actress (yes, I've wanted to become an actress for many years and took my craft very seriously). I'm a bit less young, a tiny bit less naive but still disillusioned now. I understand that i will not win an Oscar. However, California is still my favourite state. Now, I know I've barely been to the States and therefore shouldn't pick favorites but i can't help it. It's nice and warm there and it feels like the place you go for your dreams to come true. I've actually went to California for the first time last year and it was everything i knew it would be. Santa Monica is a dream and I love the ocean (starring at it, not swimming in it as it was way too cold). I've always been really into nature but i used to go in the woods. I still love the woods, but there's something about the immensity of this water that just takes my breath away. I can just sit on the sand and stare at the water for hours. You feel tiny in comparison and it puts things back in perspective.

Another important bit of information about me is that i hate the cold. Loathe it. And yet I've lived in freezing Montreal, Qc my whole life. I do not respond well to -30 Celsius. I have dry itchy skin due to the snow and wind and extremely bad circulation in my fingers and toes. People sometimes say a state like California can be depressing as there is no change in season, no leaves falling, no snow, no spring. A perfect summer day everyday. You know what? I think i can deal with that...

3 comments:

  1. I think I could deal with the unchanging warm temperatures too! That bottom picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *coughcough* I believe I took it darling!

    ReplyDelete