Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Customer Service

You want to know something that bugs me? Bad customer service. I face it on a daily basis at work. I’m a purchasing rep so I deal with distributors who don’t give a shit about me. A lot of my rep from my different suppliers are completely incompetent. They will often answer a question by giving me a phone number to call (instead of finding the answer themselves). I loathe it. I’ve always worked in customer service. My current job is the first one where I’m never directly in front of clients. I mean, I’ve met a few, I talk to a lot of them over the phone and I definitely write a lot of emails to all of them. But it’s still not the same as serving them food, you know? And I feel like I’ve got costumer service down to a T. I always take my customer’s need in consideration and I always try to meet them at the best of my capacity. We have clients who request ridiculous things all the time and I do it. I send quotes after quotes to clients who never ever answer me and I have to follow up to finally get a “thanks but no thanks” answer, making all my work irrelevant. But I do it because that’s how you make money. That’s how you gain people’s trust and loyalty. If you screw people over, they’ll screw you over first chance they get. And I feel like I do all these things for my costumer but I rarely get it back! I appreciate so much a particularly friendly waiter or a clerk that gives me pertinent recommendation. I give them an extra smile because I know how hard they work and how little they get back from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment