Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Time

It's Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. Ok i'm a little late but last week-end was amazing here in Montreal. We got beautiful weather. Sunglasses wearing, running in shorts and walking around at night with only a little jacket weather. I am very impressed. Kudos mother nature! Now, with every spring comes two things:

1. I gotta change the tire of my car (yes, I'm very late...but we used to have snow in march!)
2. I gotta dye/fix my hair

Now...everytime i need to go to the hairdresser (due to a bad roots situation) I ponder: blonde or brunette? It's a big dilemna for me...I'm a natural brunette who's had dyed hair since i was 15. It started slow...some highlights here and there. Now I'm pretty much blonde all over. Although, last time I went, we put in a darker color (amber-golden blown) to try and avoid the bad roots situation. Because yes, i am obsessed with my roots showing. If my roots show, that's all I see. I do everything to hide it, except go to the hairdresser as it's expensive and I try to put as much time as possible between my visits. And everytime I wonder if I shouldn't just go back to my original color and therefore avoid the whole roots-from-hell fiasco. But you see, blonde is my cover blanket. I'm comfortable like that. I feel hotter.

I dyed my hair back to brown about 4 years ago and I got some bad reviews. And I'm not even a Marilyn Monroe blonde, I'm a dark golden blonde. So it's not THAT much of a contrast. But nonetheless.... I went to a L'Oreal sale with my mom and bought a box of brunette dye (because yes. i will dye my hair brown from a box but never blonde! too dangerous). But i'm thinking to stay blonde for the summer and then dye it brunette in the fall. It sorta makes sense don't you think? But then again, i might just be giving myself an excuse NOT to go back to brown right away....*sigh* It's so hard being a girl! ;)

Brunette VS Blonde

1 comment: