Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Makeup galore

So I haven't been good lately. Almost a month without posting! Oups!

I thought I’d share some of my latest obsession which is makeup. It’s kinda strange as I don’t even wear makeup on a daily basis. I’m a brush your hair and your teeth and you’re good to go kind of girl. However, I’ve always enjoyed taking the time to apply makeup when going out or for special events. At work however, I wear my glasses and my hair in a ponytail often, making it pointless to wear makeup. But lately I started applying makeup even when going to work, just for the fun of it. I’ve also, of course, bought a bunch of new makeup.

My first buy was the Mac Bronzer. I’ve never had bronzer before and I’m really pale so it’s a must. But since I’m so pale, bronzer scared me. I didn’t want to look unnatural or dirty. I really love my Mac because it’s very sheer and it goes on very naturally. It looks super dark in the compact, but it’s not at all. My shade is ‘golden’.

I had also purchase some things from Mark which is a sub-branch of avon. My favourite purchase are the Speedway, a little foundation stick you can carry around in your purse for touch ups. I use it as concealer as well. My shade is ‘ivory’.


My next amazing find is the Mark makeup brushes mini kit. It’s completely amazing. It’s this cute black and pink pouch with 5 basic brushes. It fits easily in your purse and the brushes are pretty good and sturdy even though they are so short.


My latest purchase has been from Everyday Mineral. This is a new company aiming at natural organic products. What I really like about them is that you can purchase a sample size for 2$, permitting you to try out different shades and find your perfect one before committing to one. They also offer a 3 different shades sampler with every purchase. Pretty awesome! I got their eyeliner brush (which is amazing!) and their eyeliner powder in ‘little black dress’ shade.

This was the first time I’ve ever used powder eyeliner and I loved it. It gives a much more natural look than the pencil or liquid kind. I’ve heard about this company through the website The Lo Down who has pretty cool beauty tips.

Speaking of beauty tips, a friend from work introduced me to this girl who gives makeup tutorial on youtube. She can be kind of annoying sometimes, but she obviously knows what she’s doing and she has excellent tips!

Last shootout at my current favourite liptstick, the Laura Mercier in Pink Champagne. I bought it in January at Sephora during a trip to New York City. They had a box of Sephora’s favourite lipstick, which I bought to get to try many. I hadn’t been using this one so much until recently. It works with my complexion perfectly and it’s not too pink, but not too red. It‘s really easy to pull it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment