Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Tonight i made cupcakes from a Spinkles mix I bought when I visited my friend Maresa in Toronto. I have a tendancy to buy things when i'm on vacation I wouldn't normally buy! So anyways, I finally decided to try it. They took me about 1 hour and a half to make, mostly because I don't have an electric mixer so I mostly beat by hand or with a hand blender. It's quite the pain!

They turned out allright, except the chocolate for the frosting needed to be melted (from their original baker's square) and then cooled to room temperature. I therefore put the bowl in the fridge after melting the chocolate, thinking I was being clever. The damn chocolate got hard at the bottom and on the sides of the bowl (without even being cold!)

So there's little chunks of chocolate in my frosting...oh well, i'll pretend I intented for that all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment