Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Closer

Closer, by Patrick Marber, is my favourite play. It was also adapted for the big screen in 2004 and it became one of my favourite movie. One of my dream still remains to play Alice in a production of Closer. And I will one day, you'll see.

I love this play because it is the best and most accurate representation of love and sex and how completly confusing it can be. How love can be completly overly romanticized when really it comes down to hormones and timing. We can love many, but it all depends on who we CHOOSE to love and how. There's no such thing as a soul mate. But when you are in love, it's impossible to imagine ever being in love with anyone else.

Here's some of my favourite quotes:

Dan: What do you want ?
Alice: To be loved.
Dan: That simple ?
Alice: It's a big want

Larry:You women don't understand the territory, because you are the territory

Alice: Do you still fancy me?
Dan: Of course
Alice: You're lying. I've been you!

Alice: It's the only way to leave; I don't love you anymore, Goodbye
Dan: Supposing you do still love them?
Alice: You don't leave

No comments:

Post a Comment