Sunday, September 4, 2011

Healthy Omelette


Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I started cooking breakfast. 'Cause see, I used to eat simple things like cheese on toast or oatmeal which I would prepare at the office. I haven't made breakfast at home in forever. If I made breakfast during the week-end I would usually indulge in crêpes.

So now I need to cook breakfast and it needs to be healthy. 'cause if I'm going to be unemployed, I'm at least going to be healthy!

So this is my recipe for a quick and delicious omelette:

2 x eggs white
1 x eggs with yolk
a pinch of onion powder
a pinch of dried thyme
salt and pepper
drips of tabasco sauce (optional)
a handful of baby spinach
a handful of slices mushrooms
grated old cheddar

Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray and sauted the mushrooms on medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, spinach and spices together. Put the mushroom aside and pour the egg mixture in the same pan. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, then place the mushrooms and cheese on one half, folding the other on top. Reduce the temperature and, to make the cheese melt faster, place a pot cover over the pan. This will help melting your cheese while making sure you aren't overcooking the omelette side still touching the pan. Served with a piece of whole wheat bread buttered with Earth Balance. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment